8 March 2023
Adverse Weather Protocol
- A decision to close the school will be made at 7am
- If the decision is to close, we will post a closure message on the front page of the website and our school Facebook page. This will be updated throughout the day
- Parents will be contacted by text message or whole school email (depending on tech access) to this effect also
- For information regarding school transport please see https://www.travelsomerset.co.uk/transport-affected-by-bad-weather/
- Please listen to BBC Somerset Sound
Please do not ring the school for information unless absolutely necessary.
You should assume that your school is open unless you receive a closure notification.
- School transport will make a decision to either run at the usual time or not at all, this information will appear on our website
If conditions were to change or heavy snowfall occurred during the school day:
- Parents will be contacted to advise of the school closure. Pupils will be sent home via their usual method of departure unless otherwise advised. Please ensure you have arrangements in place to support an emergency closure during the day. For pupils who are collected or use school transport, they will of course be supervised until they are collected at the earliest convenience.