All parents/carers of children attending the school are automatically members of Selwood PTA and membership is extended to friends of the school. The closest co-operation between home and school is promoted.
A committee made up of parents/carers and staff meets regularly to plan forthcoming events and discuss current issues. A wider group of parents/carers and staff support such events. The initial meeting in each academic year elects the committee from which officers are then appointed. ‘New’ parents/carers are always welcome.
OUR AIMS ARE:
- To encourage close co-operation between parents/carers and teachers to ensure the best education for the individual child.
- To engage in activities which support the school and advance the educational opportunities of the pupils.
- To enhance the education of the pupils at the school by providing and assisting in the provision of facilities and equipment.
- To ensure a better understanding of the working of the school.
The PTA are currently funding for various projects across the school, including updating IT equipment and a multi sensory room.
|SELWOOD SCHOOL PARENT TEACHER ASSOCIATION OFFICERS 2017/18|
|Vice Chair||Nicola Harrill|
The officers can be contacted through the school office.
There are a variety of ways you can become involved with the work of the committee.
- Attend committee planning meetings – new members are most welcome
- Support at an event
- Provide raffle prizes
- Provide expertise or materials
- Attend and support our events
We really appreciate your help. Please contact reception and leave your name with details how you can offer assistance.