Selwood Academy is a cashless school.
This decision is based on lowering the risk to pupils and staff such as:
- Pupils losing cash or cheques
- Pupils spending cash on their way to and from school
- Reduce the risk of bullying
- Reduce the risk to staff handling large amounts of cash
- To more efficiently use time that staff were spending handling cash and banking
Finance – How to pay
Parent Pay has been in place at Selwood Academy for a number of years and is our preferred method pf payment. It is an online payment service enabling parents and carers to make payment online for items such as school trips, music lessons and for topping up money onto lunch accounts. Using a secure website called ParentPay you will be able to pay online using your credit or debit card.
Parent Pay is easy to use and will offer you the freedom to make online payments and view full payment histories securely whenever and wherever you like.
When your child starts at Selwood Academy we will send you an account activation username and password. Once you receive these:
- Enter your Activation username and password in the Account Login section of the homepage. NB. These are for one-time use only, you will choose your own username and password for future access during the activation process
- Provide all the necessary information and choose your new username and password for your account – registering your email address will enable us to send you receipts and reminders
- Once activation is complete you can go to straight to Items for payment, select which item(s) you want to add to your basket and proceed to complete your payment
- If you ever have any problems in using the service contact the Finance office on 01373 462 798 and we will endeavour to resolve your issues.
- We can add additional users to the account so each parent/carer can have their own log in and make payments.
- Also you can link accounts with other schools that use Parent Pay so you have one log in for all your children.
- For further information you can watch the parent tour or read the user guide on the Parent Pay website.
Pay Point is the only other method of payment and this allows for cash to be used. If you wish to pay via cash then we can create a barcode that can be used in a number of local shops. On all trip permission slips there is an option for Pay Point please select this and the Finance office will produce a barcode specific to your child and the trip or activity, this can then be taken to a local shop and paid for over the counter. If you wish to use Pay Point for topping up lunch accounts then please contact the school on 01373 462 798 and we can produce a card for you to keep with the barcode on to allow for numerous top ups. Please note that Pay Point payments can take up to 48 hours to reach Selwood.
The nearest Pay Point stores are listed below;
- The Co-op, 12-14 Westway Shopping Centre
- Portway Service Station, Portway
- McColls, 34 Rodden Road
- McColls, 45 Vallis Way, Badcox
- Jones Convenience Store, Critchill Road