We believe the best schools are those who have the highest standards in every aspect of school life, including uniform. All the pupils are required to wear school uniform and parents’/carers’ co-operation in achieving this is greatly appreciated. Obviously we cannot cover every aspect of fashion as trends change but we reserve the right to have the final say regarding pupil appearance.
Details of the school uniform are as follows:
- Royal blue V-necked jumper, with ‘Selwood Academy’ and the school logo.
- Clip-on Selwood Academy blue/gold tie.
- Formal White Shirt*.
- Black school trousers* or skirts. No skinny jeans, cords, chino’s or drain-pipe type trousers. No Skater skirts. Skirts must be knee-length.
- Optionally boys may wear black formal shorts* and girls may wear black tailored culottes*.
For items marked *, parents may choose to buy black trousers, white shirts, shorts and culottes from other suppliers such as ASDA or Marks and Spencer, providing they are in line with the School style (eg no drain-pipe trousers).
- Socks can be grey, black or white. Tights must be black.
- Sensible leather type black shoes with no logos – not trainers, daps or canvas shoes.
- In adverse weather boots may be worn to school but must then be changed for shoes.
- Hats, scarves and coats are not to be worn in the school buildings. A warm, weatherproof coat should be worn if the weather warrants this. No alternatives such as hoodies/sweatshirts or zip up sweatshirts.
- Hair — Colour should be natural, please, with no extreme fashion styles, no excessive bleached areas of the hair or shaved areas of the head. Long hair should be tied back on grounds of hygiene and safety.
- Cosmetics must not be worn.
- Jewellery – The only acceptable jewellery is one stud per ear for pupils who have pierced ears. No other body piercing is acceptable. All jewellery brought to school is strictly at the owner’s risk. A wristwatch may be worn, smartphone watches will, however, be treated as a mobile phone. If a pupil is wearing inappropriate jewellery, they will be asked to put it in an envelope with their name on. This can then be collected from the Compass Centre at the end of the school day.
- Hoodies – are not part of the Selwood Academy uniform or PE kit and should not be worn once on school site. If worn, pupils will be asked to remove them, staff will confiscate and place in the Compass Centre for collection at the end of the day. Putting a hoody ‘in a school bag’ is not an option.
- If a pupil has an item of jewellery or a hoody confiscated on more than 1 occasion, parents will be expected to collect confiscated items.
We are delighted to inform you that we have recently procured the services of local business LGS to provide our school uniform. This is a first step of a few changes we intend to look in to making over the next few months in relation to school uniform.
It has been a real pleasure getting to know LGS over the past year and we are confident that they will be able to provide our families with a friendly and professional service. As from February half term parents can order and pay for uniforms by logging into the on-line shop <https://www.cosmicmonkey.co.uk/schoolwear> website and select the appropriate logo. An email will be sent out when the order is ready for collection. LGS Printing and Embroidery is located on Commerce Park directly in front of Budgens and the Shell garage. Alternatively, uniform can be delivered via DPD at an additional cost. Cosmic Monkey will appear on bank transactions.
Important: In order to preserve our pitch as best as we can, we have a strict footwear policy in place, the manufacturing company have advised on the following above.