We nurture and develop kind, caring and considerate young people. Our curriculum purposefully imparts wisdom, nurtures talent and encourages pupils to become active, compassionate and lifelong learners. We enable every bodies’ light to shine and empower them to be their best and nothing less.
We take a precise approach to designing our curriculum and each subject designs an experience for pupils that:
- is vertically sequenced, reinforcing and building upon prior knowledge.
- it is logical, presented in an order that makes sense, getting gradually more challenging and helps students avoid forgetting what they have learnt and goes beyond the requirements of the national curriculum.
- is knowledge, experience and opportunity rich, building both substantive and disciplinary knowledge, as well as the individual as a whole.
- is aspirational whilst still differentiated. It stretches pupils, who regularly think hard around big issues.
- develops the individual to prepare them to be literate, numerate and successful in the next phase of their education, encouraging curiosity, independence and responsibility.
- is relevant to them, as well as the evolving world and workplace.
- responds to pupils’ concerns.
- will achieve high levels of retained knowledge.
These points confirm for us when a subject has got it right and is a key factor in our continuous curriculum review and development.
For individuals where the curriculum does not meet their needs, we offer high levels of individualisation and personalisation.
Our core Christian values underpin our curriculum. Our curriculum content, teaching approaches and rewards systems recognise and promote the following core learner characteristics: